Joakim Hammarsjö is a European Patent Attorney and seasoned IP strategist. He has extensive experience in developing strategies and portfolios for multinational companies and establishing use of intellectual property through licensing, cross licensing, M&A and IP litigation.
Before joining AWA, Joakim was the Group Director of IP Strategy and Portfolio at the Volvo Group, managing a team of global heads, IP intelligence analysts and IP portfolio partners. He has also held positions with the Sandvik Group as Global Head of Intellectual Property and Managing Director.
This experience provides him with an intense business drive and the unique ability to put IP value on the agenda of top executives in order to align and integrate intellectual property as a part of the business.
At AWA, Joakim manages the chemicals and mechanics team. In this role, he is responsible for clients primarily engaged in the chemicals and mechanics sectors and has developed a specialised team that can meet the specific requirements of these clients.
Joakim holds a master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from Linköping University. He has also completed the Executive Leadership Programme at the IMD Business School in Switzerland and the Business of Intellectual Property Programme at the Chalmers University of Technology Centre for Intellectual Property in Sweden.
For over 20 years, Joakim has been working with the business of intellectual property. This ranges from technical development industries and start-ups to senior management roles at large corporations.
Joakim is recognised in the IAM Strategy 300 – The World’s Leading IP Strategists.
- Analyses & searches
- IP due diligence
- IP transactions & licensing
- IP Strategy
- Utility models
- Litigation (patent)
- Patent, contentious
- Patent, prosecution
- Energy, gas, oil & power
- Food & beverage
- Software & IT
- Materials technology & nanotech
- Building & construction
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Group Director IP Strategy & Portfolio, Volvo Group, 2016 – 2018
- Managing Director and Global Head of IP, Sandvik Group, 2012 – 2016
- Executive Leadership Programme, IMD Business School, 2014
- Business of Intellectual Property, Centre for IP at Chalmers University of Technology, 2016
- M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Linköping University, 1998
- European Patent Attorney
- Authorised Patent Attorney (Sweden)
- CIP (Centre for Intellectual Property), Member of the Advisory Board
- epi (Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office)
- FICPI (International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys)
- INTA (International Trademark Association)