Awards and rankings
We strive to be the champion in IP for every client and over the years our work has been continuously awarded in different national and international rankings.
Five from AWA, AWA Asia and AWA Strategy named as world's leading IP strategists
We are pleased to announce that Joakim Hammarsjö from AWA, Ai-Leen Lim from AWA Asia, and Thomas Ewing, Martin Jansson and Henrik Olsson from AWA Strategy have been identified by the IAM Strategy 300 in the 2019 edition of the World's Leading IP Strategists.
The IAM Strategy 300 – The World's Leading IP Strategists identifies the individuals who are leading the way in the development and implementation of strategies that maximise the value of IP portfolios. The IP strategists are primarily identified through an extensive research process involving online nominations and face-to-face and telephone interviews and email exchanges, with senior members of the global IP community. No individual can qualify for a listing in the IAM Strategy 300 unless he or she is nominated by at least three people from outside of his or her own organization.
Five AWA consultants recommended in Legal 500 EMEA rankings
We are pleased to announce that five AWA consultants have been recommended in The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East and Africa 2019 rankings published this week.
Sweden and Denmark also received recommended firm rankings with the publication noting that: "specialist IP firm AWA fields a substantial team of experienced lawyers" for Sweden, while "AWA Law provides 'clear and pragmatic advice' and is 'highly tactical with key knowledge of local IP law'" for Denmark.
Inga-Lill Andersson, Anette Rasmussen and Ai-Leen Lim selected as Influential Women in IP
The project celebrates the role of women in the industry and profiles 80 leading female practitioners from around the world.
World IP Review have launched a publication profiling each of the leading women and various articles on gender equality in the workplace. Please click here to view the publication.
(Ai-Leen Lim is quoted on Page 39).
Nine AWA consultants listed as IP Stars by Managing IP
We are pleased to announce that nine AWA consultants have been listed as IP Stars by leading industry publication Managing IP. Alongside AWA's firm rankings, Managing IP recognises the work of outstanding individuals called IP Stars.
In China, Ai-Leen Lim was selected as a Trademark Star.
IP Stars by Managing IP is the leading specialist guide to IP law firms and practitioners worldwide. The publication has been researching and ranking firms since 1996.
To view the full list, please visit IP Stars.
IAM Patent 1000
Sweden and Denmark: AWA is a highly recommended firm.
Julia Mannesson, Inga-Lill Andersson, Peter Kenamets, Mikael Henriksson, Mattias Pierrou, Urban Lind, Niklas Mattsson, Martin Tranälv and Sören Giver were recommended individuals for Sweden.
For Denmark, Sidsel Hague and Eva Carlsson were recommended.
AWA Asia’s Xiofan Chen was recommended for transactions under China: Foreign.
In the 2018 edition of the international directory World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals,
AWA as a group is recommended in the
- international ranking (consisting of 21 IP firms in total): AWA has successfully positioned itself as a thoroughly modern international IP consultancy, with a strong presence in Northern Europe and Asia. AWA Group CEO Magnus Hallin, based in Malmo, must be credited with this success. He is very much into the business side of intellectual property, and has changed the face of the firm better to serve the commercial needs of its patrons. AWA really hit the big time in 2015 when it cut the ribbon on offices in Beijing and Hong Kong, and it definitely chose the right person to lead the AWA Asia effort in Ai-Leen Lim. She has been putting in consistently stellar performances for big brands, which love her for telling it like it is.
AWA Asia is recommended in the
- Chinese ranking for foreign firms: Having established its Asia-Pacific presence, ambitious outfit AWA Asia shows no signs of slowing down. It assuredly guides dispute resolution and transactional negotiations as companies seek to navigate the intricacies of entering and doing business in the Chinese market.
Ai-Leen Lim, CEO of AWA Asia, is also top-listed in the individual ranking:
She is a natural leader who keeps her clients’ best interests in mind. She always gives straight, well-reasoned advice that shows you the way forward and she is able to explain, in a very pedagogical way, how the Chinese trademark system differs from systems in Europe. She doesn’t sugar-coat anything, which helps you accurately determine how much risk is involved in a particular course of action and she is a flexible problem solver whose client service is unparalleled. She makes herself available at any time of the day or night and is an exceptionally responsive professional who you can rely on 100%.
AWA is recommended in the
- Tier 2 for Denmark
In the ranking of individuals, Anette Rasmussen, Attorney at Law, is recommended:
She handles opposition and cancellation proceedings calmly and efficiently and possesses in-depth knowledge in regard to border seizures too. Because she knows the history of her clients’ brands and products, everything proceeds smoothly. On top of all this, she always reacts promptly to emails so you never have to worry for long.
AWA AB is recommended in the
- gold category in the ranking for Prosecution and strategy and
- silver category in the ranking for Enforcement and litigation:
AWA is a major player that delivers top-quality work every time.
Based in Malmo, group CEO Magnus Hallin is constantly in contact with his colleagues abroad, exchanging insights and ensuring everyone is in the loop on international filing strategies. As a member of the SPRO’s advisory board, Hallin has an intimate understanding of the office’s workings and its examiners’ thought processes. His teammate Martin Tranälv is another portfolio management magus. He’s a really talented, client-focused lawyer. As well as having a knack for threading together supremely favourable licensing contracts, he knows a thing or two about marketing.
The Legal 500
Sweden: AWA is recommended for Intellectual Property and Media in The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2018 rankings.
AWA won the honourable award Sweden Prosecution Firm of the Year 2018 for the second consecutive year. AWA was also shortlisted for Prosecution in Denmark and for Scandinavia.
Managing IP’s 2018 IP Stars rankings
Sweden: AWA is ranked in
- Tier 1 for Trademark Prosecution
- Tier 1 for Patent Prosecution
- Tier 3 for Trademark Contentious
- Tier 3 for Patent Contentious
Denmark: AWA A/S is ranked in
- Tier 1 for Trademark Prosecution
- Tier 2 for Patent Prosecution
AWA A/S is also listed under Other notable firms in the category Trademark Contentious
China: AWA Asia is ranked in:
- Tier 2 for Trademark – Foreign Firms