AWA has several well-experienced patent attorneys and lawyers who are specialists in handling patent estate related to the pharmaceutical industry. These experts have all the knowledge and experience required to give you sound, reliable and top-notch advice on legal matters, patent disputes, prosecution of patent applications, patent litigation, patent term extensions, due diligence, portfolio analysis, freedom to operate and validity investigations in the field.
Many of the patents attorneys and lawyers specialised in pharma have previous experience from law firms or from corporate IP departments in the pharmaceutical industry. Many of them hold a PhD and/or Master's degree in life sciences. The lawyers are specialised in patent disputes, drug regulatory issues, licensing and research and development projects.
Our services include:
- Drafting, prosecuting and defending patents and patent applications in the pharmaceutical field
- Optimised prosecution to minimise risks of invalidation attacks from generic industry
- Patent coordination and prosecution of applications deriving from collaboration, wherein two or more companies are joint applicants (for liability reasons)
- Providing help and support ("buffer") in periods of heavy work load
- Handling and coordination of patent litigation
- Coordination, filing and handling of patent term extensions and Supplementary Protection Certificates – SPCs
- Handling of patent disputes
- Patent due diligence, related to patent estates of both larger and smaller pharmaceutical companies
- Patent portfolio analysis ("health checks") at appropriate stages during pharmaceutical development
- Agreements in connection with license and collaboration arrangements
- Validity analysis and opinions on patents and patent applications in the pharmaceutical field
- Strategic advice on FDA-related layers of protection (including Orange Book considerations)
- Strategic advice on life-cycle management of your patent estate, in relation to the development of pharmaceuticals
- Advice to smaller companies on how to draft and prosecute your applications in order to attract optimal appreciation from both investors and larger pharmaceutical companies
AWA´s clients are within the range from small and medium-sized discovery/early development companies and fully mature large pharmaceutical companies to generic pharmaceutical companies and investors who have their mind set at investments in any such companies.