Louise Jonshammar is an Attorney at Law with extensive experience in Swedish and European patent law and regulations with a specialisation in European Supplementary Protection certificates.
Louise strategically assists clients to manage their inventions by ensuring that value is maintained and maximised, securing and sustaining a competitive advantage for them in increasingly crowded markets.
Her clients range from pharmaceutical giants to promising IP-rich start-ups, with a focus on turning research results into profitable intellectual assets. She has worked with clients of all sizes across a range of industries to manage their intellectual property rights. This includes through licensing and transfer, and to develop IP strategies and internal processes that align with a company’s business plan.
She also has experience with collaboration agreements under state aid funding and with data protection under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Prior to joining AWA, Louise worked as a lawyer at the Swedish Patent and Registration Office. In this role she supported examiners with legal advice, drafted guidelines, handled restitution cases, patent pledges and supplementary protection certificates. She regularly held trainings on the legal aspects of patent prosecution, the unitary patent and post-grant proceedings.
Louise’s experience allows her to advise clients from both an administrative and judicial perspective. This unique blend ensures her clients’ intellectual property rights are fully protected, maintained and managed.
Louise is an active participator in the intellectual property and business communities, regularly attending industry events and contributing articles on legal developments to leading industry publications such as World Trademark Review.
- IP due diligence
- IP transactions & licensing
- IP Strategy
- SPCs - Supplementary Protection Certificates
- Patent, prosecution
- Trade secrets
- Software & IT
- Life sciences
- Materials technology & nanotech
- Building & construction
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Attorney at Law, IAM Advokatbyrå AB, 2016-2017
- Lawyer, Swedish Patent and Registration Office, 2004-2016
- Court Clerk, Enforcement Authority in Jönköping/District Court of Norrköping, 2001-2003
- LL.M. (Specialising in Insolvency Law), Lund University, 2001
- Master's Programme in Intellectual Property, Malmö University, 2001
- AIPPI Sweden (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- FICPI (International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys), Vice-President (Sweden)
- SFIR (Swedish Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)