Ai-Leen Lim leads AWA Asia's offices as CEO and Principal Counsel, managing its headquarters in Hong Kong and its wholly-owned Chinese IP consultancy in Beijing. She is admitted as an advocate and solicitor in Singapore, and is also qualified to practice in Hong Kong and the UK.
Ai-Leen Lim has been advising clients for over twenty years on IP portfolio management in China, Hong Kong and internationally, with a special focus on brand management and IP strategy. She is experienced in contentious and non-contentious trademark, design and patent registration, protection and enforcement matters and IP transactions, as well as advertising, consumer law, social media and related regulatory issues in conjunction with market entry and product promotion.
Her client base ranges from IP rich fast-growing startups to Fortune 500 clients in relation to their IP protection and asset management issues, as well as commercial transactions involving IP assets (including IP audits, licensing, franchising and due diligence).
With more than 20 years' experience as an IP lawyer and strategist, Ai-Leen continues to be internationally ranked as a leading IP practitioner by major industry publications and legal directories including: Chambers Asia-Pacific, Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, Managing Intellectual Property, The World Trademark Review, World Intellectual Property Review, Expert Guides and Who's Who Legal. She has also been recognized as one of "The Top 250 Women in IP" by Managing Intellectual Property.
- Internet law & domain names
- IP due diligence
- IP transactions & licensing
- IP Strategy
- Marketing law
- Food & beverage
- Software & IT
- Life sciences
- Materials technology & nanotech
- Media & entertainment
- Building & construction
- Partner, Bird & Bird (2008 – 2015) Head of trademark portfolio management in Greater China (Beijing and Hong Kong)
- Head of IP, Resident Partner (Hong Kong) & Chief Representative (Beijing), Colin Ng & Partners (2002 – 2008)
- Associate, Stephenson Harwood
- Assistant Registrar of Trademarks and Patents, Registry of Trademarks and Patents (Singapore)
- Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese)
- LLB (Hons), Law from National University of Singapore