Torbjörn Presland is a Senior European Patent Attorney, specialising in the fields of chemical engineering, pulp and paper, polymer and materials, refinery and biofuel.
Torbjörn has experience with opposition cases involving oral hearings before the Swedish Court of Patent Appeals and the European Patent Office.
In addition to drafting and prosecuting patent applications, he analyses infringements, conducts freedom to operate analyses and manages established patent portfolios for large corporations.
Torbjörn has acted as an IP Helpdesk for the R&D staff of a multinational corporation, providing him with experience at an international level and the ability to understand the client’s perspective when providing advice.
- Analyses & searches
- IP due diligence
- Litigation (patent)
- Patent, contentious
- Patent, prosecution
- Energy, gas, oil & power
- Food & beverage
- Materials technology & nanotech
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Torbjörn worked in project management and product development in the food processing industry before joining AWA.
- CEIPI Diploma in European Patent Litigation, University of Strasbourg, 2015
- M.Sc. Chemical engineering, Faculty of Engineering (LTH), Lund University, 1996
- European Patent Attorney
- Authorised Patent Attorney (Sweden)
- epi (Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office)
- SFIR (Swedish Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)