Eric Van Malderen
Eric Van Malderen is a Senior Partner at Pronovem (Part of the AWA Group) and a Belgian and Luxembourg Patent Attorney, with extensive experience in intellectual property prosecution. He is also a Benelux and European Trademark and Design Attorney.
Eric has been working in private practice with intellectual property law for thirty years. He earned his master’s degree in Molecular Biology from the Université Libre de Bruxelles. He also obtained the CEIPI Diploma in European Patent Litigation from the University of Strasbourg and a certification in New Technologies Management from the from Université Libre de Bruxelles.
He is adept at handling complex patent and trademark cases, having represented clients before national and European patent and trademark offices for three decades.
Eric assists his clients with strategies that defend or attack intellectual property rights, including infringement, nullity actions, unfair competition and compensation claims.
Eric leads and handles all aspects of the Belgian and Luxembourg practices.
- Analyses & searches
- IP due diligence
- IP Strategy
- Utility models
- SPCs - Supplementary Protection Certificates
- Litigation (patent)
- Patent, contentious
- Patent, prosecution
- Plant variety protection
- Trade secrets
- Food & beverage
- Inorganic chemistry
- Organic chemistry
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Gemmologist, Société Belge de Gemmologie of Brussels, 2016
- Certificate in New Technologies Management, Université Libre de Bruxelles, 1995
- CEIPI Diploma in European Patent Litigation, Université de Strasbourg, 1989
- M.Sc. Molecular Biology, Université Libre de Bruxelles, 1988
- Belgian Patent Attorney (Authorised)
- Benelux Trademark and Design Attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
- Luxembourg Patent Attorney (Authorised)
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- BMM (Benelux Association for Trademark and Design Law)
- CCPIB (Chambre des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle de Belgique)
- FCPIL (Fédération des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle au Luxembourg)
- FICPI (International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys)
- LES (Licensing Executives Society)