Michel Gilio is a European Patent Attorney specialising in mechanics, electronics, material technology and medical devices. He has extensive experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications worldwide and providing infringement and freedom-to-operate advice.
Michel has been working with intellectual property since 2006. He obtained his Ph.D. in the field of Manufacturing Technology and his master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering specialising in automation, both from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
Michel represents SMEs, research institutes and foreign companies in the field of mechanics, electronics, material technology and medical devices. He is mainly involved in prior art searches, patent drafting and worldwide prosecution, oppositions, infringement, freedom-to-operate analysis and patent litigation.
- Analyses & searches
- IP Strategy
- Utility models
- Litigation (patent)
- Patent, prosecution
- Energy, gas, oil & power
- Materials technology & nanotech
- Manufacturing & process technology
- Ph.D. Manufacturing Technology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium), 2004
- MSc Mechanical Engineering, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium), 1998
- European Patent Attorney
- Belgian Patent Attorney (Authorised)
- Authorised Representative before the Netherlands Patent Office
- epi (Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office), European Patent Practice Committee (EPPC) Member