Niklas Mattsson is a European Patent Attorney specialising in life sciences. He has extensive experience in drafting and prosecuting patents and providing IP-related business advice.
Niklas conducts infringement, validity and freedom-to-operate analyses and also has expertise in Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPCs) in the EU.
Niklas works as a technical expert during litigation cases before Swedish courts, handles EPO oral proceedings and has been an expert witness on European patent law in US patent litigation.
He has been the Swedish representative in epi's Biotech Committee since 2011 and a member of AIPPI's Standing Committee on Pharma and Biotechnology since 2016. He has been with AWA since 1999.
Niklas has been recognised as a Patent Star by Managing Intellectual Property and as a recommended individual for prosecution in the IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Professionals.
- Analyses & searches
- IP due diligence
- IP transactions & licensing
- IP Strategy
- SPCs - Supplementary Protection Certificates
- Litigation (patent)
- Patent, contentious
- Patent, prosecution
- Life sciences
- Organic chemistry
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Research in Molecular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, San Diego, USA, 1998-1999
- CEIPI Diploma in European Patent Litigation, University of Strasbourg, 2011
- M.Sc. Molecular Biotechnology Engineering, Uppsala University, 1999
- European Patent Attorney
- Authorised Patent Attorney (Sweden)
- epi (Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office)
- EPLIT (European Patent Litigators Association)
- SFIR (Swedish Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)